Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Five for Friday!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



 
We had a huge inflatable obstacle course at school yesterday...and this is what happened after the kids were gone!  These girls are some of my very best teacher friends and I don't know what I would do without them!  They also happen to be very talented TPT sellers and bloggers.  Check them out, because they're awesome! 
 #TBT alert!  My very first class that I had when I taught kindergarten 6 years ago is getting ready to leave our little school and go to middle school so I decided to recreate our kindergarten class picture.  They have grown into such wonderful people, and most of them are taller than me now! :) I can't believe that it's been so long since I had these sweet babies...I feel so old!  These kids were absolutely precious and truly taught me what it meant to be a teacher.  I might burst in to tears as they leave next Friday!
 We started researching for our animal reports yesterday, and it was one of those times in the classroom where everything just worked.  The kids were super excited about researching about their animals, and were really self-motivated.  Once I got them on KidRex on their MacBooks, I was really just there to help with technical issues.  They were in charge! They took the lead and got right to work, they were collaborating, they were engaged...*sigh*.  My teacher heart was overflowing!   I feel like as soon as students take ownership over their learning, it's so much more meaningful, you know?   
 Our district will officially be 1:1 next year!!!  I am beyond excited and I'm already trying to plan for next year.  I created some iPad rule posters, and you can get them for FREE!  I had to laugh as I was creating them, because one of my rules is to only touch the iPad WITH YOUR HANDS.  Believe it or not, this is something you have to tell first graders (trust me, I know this from experience!)!

 5 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment