Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wordless Wednesday!

I'm linking up with Christina over at Sugar and Spice for her Wordless Wednesday linky party!


In my class, we have recently started using GoNoodle, and it is AMAZING for brain breaks.  My pal Brittany told me about this and I'm so glad she did!  GoNoodle is a free website that has videos for a ton of brain break activities, both energizing and calming depending on what your students need.  My favorite is Maximo, the yoga-teaching monkey.  You haven't seen cute until you've seen first graders doing yoga!  I highly recommend for any teacher to check out GoNoodle, especially this time of year when brain breaks are a MUST!

My Wordless Wednesday question is, what do you do in your classroom for brain breaks?

8 comments:

  1. After seeing lots of posts about GoNoodle, I tried it for the first time yesterday. We danced around to the Minions and Happy. The kids loved it. Another simple one they like to do it alternate standing up and sitting down when singing 'My Bonnie' (they swap every time they hear the word Bonnie - lots of bobbing up and down). Very quick brain break when they are getting tired or fidgety at their tables.
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I try to mix it up daily. Sometimes we excercise, sometimes we sing and dance. Other times we just flat out take a talk with your friend and eat a snack break! Go Noodle is on my list to try before the year ends. I'm glad I found you! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We play a game called "Silent Toss". It's not really a brain break, just a way to get up and move around a little. It is a ball tossing game and you have to catch the ball or you are out. I alter the rules every few minutes (like catch with one hand instead of two). It takes about ten minutes to play and then we can get back to work!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We looooove Go Noodle. So glad I found it. I like Maximo to (he cracks me up) but the class favorite right now is Ice Cream and Guacamole. :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't tried that one yet! We'll have to try it tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. My kids are obsessed with GoNoodle! I've already gotten tired of hearing some of the videos, so I've asked students to choose a BB we haven't already done.

    Carol
    Super Sparkly in Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. We started out with a program called Just Move. It came out of New York but eventually we just did different exercises. Sometimes I'd find a school friendly zumba YouTube video. They loved those! I personally haven't tried GoNoodle, but I'm thinking that I will next year!

    Steph @ Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GoNoodle has Zumba videos too, and its nice because they're all kid friendly! You should try it, it literally takes like 2 minutes to sign up. I promise your kiddos would love it! :)

      Delete