Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wordless Wednesday!



I'm linking up with Christina at Sugar and Spice for her Wordless Wednesday Linky Party!


This is a pic of my kiddos using MacBooks for computer lab time.  Notice the two fellas up helping other students.  I always appoint two students to be my "technology helpers," so that they can help kids with things like logging in to certain programs, and other kinds of troubleshooting.  Honestly, sometimes the kids are better at computer stuff than me!  It gives them a huge confidence boost to assist their fellow students, and they just love helping each other.  
Do you use student helpers in your classroom?

6 comments:

  1. ALL the time! I use them to help me and the other kiddos! Especially when I start to really get to know my students' strengths and weaknesses, I am able to pair them up with someone who can really help them- and not just give them the answer! LOVE that you guys get to use MacBooks-jealous!!!
    And P.S.- I'm really LOVING your blog design!!!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Megan over at A Bird in Hand Designs does such an amazing job! I'm very lucky, my school district is pretty forward thinking when it comes to technology and the kids absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have lots of helpers, some appointed bi-weekly and others just appointed on the spot. Center monitors are my favorite! All our centers are stored in shelves under the windows. Right before reading groups, the 2 center monitors put out all the centers in the appropriate areas of the room. The same thing happens right before math groups. It's perfection for my OCD organized self to not see the center materials until they are needed!

    Meredith
    Creativity to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your center monitor idea! Getting center materials (and kids) where they need to be for centers is probably my most stressful time of day!

      Delete
  4. How fun!! I have a 4th grade helper who comes in and reads with my firsties. She's absolutely wonderful! :) Thanks for linking up! :)

    Christina

    ReplyDelete