Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Artsy Fartsy Friday!

I'm linking up with my super talented real-life teacher friends, Jena at Sew Much Music, and Lindsay at Miss Law's Kinders for their new linky party Artsy Fartsy Friday!  (Isn't that just the cutest linky party name?!)  If you are doing something artsy over the summer, you should join in the fun and link up!


I'm going to be honest, my classroom artsy fartsyness will probably not start until mid-late July, so my artsy fartsy project is something that I've been working on for a while.  
I started this cute little baby afghan last November and was planning on having it done by the time my daughter was born...in February. It's still nowhere close to being done.  That's what having kids does to your crafty plans!  One of my summer goals is to finish this little beauty, or at least get a little closer.  It's a really easy crochet pattern if you like crocheting.  I changed colors every three rows instead of every two like the pattern indicates. I like my chevrons a little chunkier. :) I would have had it done in no time, if I actually had time to sit down and work on it!  


*I found this pattern on the internet using my phone and just saved the image, so I don't know who to give credit to.  If you happen to know, leave me a comment!



2 comments:

  1. Love it! Now I know whom to go to when I want to learn how to make an afghan. My grandma had afghans draped over every chair and couch in her house, and they were always my favorite blankets. I can't wait to see your finished product. Be sure to post pics!

    Thanks for linking up, Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lizzy! So happy to have you join up on our linky! I really, really, really want to see this finished blanket! It looks like it is going to be beautiful! I don't know how to crochet, but sure wish I did!

    ReplyDelete