Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Brain Break Blitz Linky!

I don't know about you, but we LOVE LOVE LOVE GoNoodle in my classroom!  I started using it at the end of last school year, and I don't know what I did without it.   If you're new to GoNoodle, it's an awesome online resource for classroom brain breaks.  Check it out!

I'm super excited to be a part of the Brain Break Blitz Linky Party!  <--- If you GoNoodle, click the link to join the linky fun!


Linky Party Questions:

Here are three brain-break questions to get the Linky Party started…
1. Why are brain breaks so important for today’s kids?
With so many more expectations for young learners today, it is crucial for them to have time to rest their brains and get their bodies moving.  My kids in first grade are 6 and 7 years old, and their little bodies just aren't made for sitting still all day long.  Brain breaks are important because they not only let students get their wiggles out, some brain breaks, such as Maximo, or Airtime, are calming, and get them focused and ready to learn!
2. If you were stranded on an elementary classroom island and could only bring 3 brain breaks, what would they be?
It's hard to pick, but here are my top 3:
1. Maximo- He gets students calm and stretched and ready to learn.  Plus, what's cuter than a first grader doing yoga?!
2. Any of the Run with Us videos- These are great for getting kids moving, and using up some of that first grade energy!  The kids love the Olympic coaches!
3. KooKoo Kangaroo's Dinosaur Stomp- Why?  Because it's fun and catchy! "Pick up your foot and stomp it stomp it..." :)
3. GoNoodle can be a great motivator! Share a tactic or idea for using brain breaks to engage the classroom.
Every morning to get the day started, I do a calming brain break with my students.  It seems to set a calm and focused tone for the morning.  A little tip to anyone just starting out using GoNoodle, I make a no talking rule to add to the calmness, and have students sit down in their seats quietly once the brain break is over.  After that, they are ready to learn!


Here are my Firsties doing yoga with Maximo.  Too cute, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment